We’re joining forces with South Carolina colleges to offer local students an applied computing minor or certificate that will expand their technical skills.
Coursepower is a state-funded, economic development initiative, led by IT-oLogy, which assists colleges and universities in adding the Applied Computing Minor/Certificate to their curricula. It also provides internships and scholarships for students enrolled in the program.Learn more about IT-oLogy.
we can build talent right here.
Tech education builds and strengthens our workforce and economy, attracting skilled individuals with innovative minds.
Graduates with tech skills are better prepared to learn the ins and outs of their position quickly, and get right to work.
A pool of skilled, tech-savvy employees will decrease the talent shortage, and help businesses keep their competitive edge.
- foster alignment Align all parties involved in the initiative.
- invest in education Create an applied computing academic track at local colleges and universities.
- link businesses and schools Link local schools and companies together to understand the resources required, what businesses need and what interests students.
- promote technology in classrooms Encourage regional promotion of computer technology programs in higher education institutions.
- encourage recruitment Encourage local recruitment and track successful hiring occurring within companies.
“This program will help get more students involved in applying technology to solve problems and will make South Carolina’s workforce more competitive.”george hutton